Sunday, November 17, 2013

Long Run Up to Weehawkin November 17, 2013


I had scheduled an easy six today as part of my recovery from the double marathons.

After talking with Ian and John from HOHA, I wanted to run up into Weehawkin to see how the hills were.  I want to add some diversity to my training so its speed work, flat runs and some hills and trails too.

I also missed my Friday 3-4 miler so I decided to add some miles today.  I don't think that's a great idea all of the time but I figured I would give it a shot.

I felt great during the run, fairly crisp, a little weakness in the left knee but nothing serious.  I did run down a couple of people and was dropped on a hill by a guy with a rain suit on, he was only running ten's but I couldn't keep up knowing I had about three miles left and I shouldn't be racing around.

I found a spot called Highwood Estates, One Hamilton Avenue.  You've got to check this out.  It's 5,000 sf of mansion overlooking NYC.

Decided on Weehawkin run up to the Palisades.  It was challenging.

M1 10:34
M2 11:14
M3 10:03
M4 10:54
M5 11:46
M6 10:25
M7 10:48
M8 11:39
M9 10:59
0.42 4:25

No comments:

Post a Comment