Friday, November 22, 2013

HOHA Thursday Night Run, November 21, 2013

After a long day of work, I made it home in time to enjoy a Thursday Night Run with the Hoboken Harriers.  The Thursday Night route starts at Fleet Feet in downtown Hoboken and runs through the city, winding its way from south to north to south again in order to capture the five miles within city limits.

I was aiming for a any pace under 9:30, reasoning that if I can keep my pace low during this transition phase, it will be that much easier for me to go for a 4:00 marathon or a 9:09 pace when training really starts.

I think I can hit a sub 2 hour half marathon and my goal is to do that for the NYC Half in March.

My first GPS mile registered at 10:00 on the dot.  That's because I jogged over the Fleet Feet from my home, thinking I was late.  That jog was about 6/10 of the mile.

Once the run started, I dropped down to around a 9 minute per mile pace and held that throughout the run except for the small part up Castle Hill.  My last mile at 8:38 was fast for me and felt like speed work.  I ended up racing some guy I didn't know, down the promenade trying to keep ahead of him and at one point was running below 8 minute miles.

I think iwth proper rest and care of myself, I can get my pace down to 9 minute miles this year.

Here are the splits.



M1 10:00 warm up run to Fleet Feet
M2 8:58
M3 9:28 (hill at Castle Point)
M4 9:09
M5 8:38
0.63 8:35 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment